Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Presenting Ms. Morem's Dance. Co.!



Last semester I taught an after school dance program at my school. 6 girls and 2 boys were in attendance every Tuesday and Wednesday for 1.5 hours. They worked hard, and had a performance at the end which included the all-so-energentic chorus of Mrs. Loftus, and the eager Reader's theater group of Mr. Jensen (my co-ESL teacher). The groups performed twice; at 1pm for the students, and at 7pm for the families and guests. I know that it is completely cliche for "adults" to get choked up when their "kids" perform - but i couldnt help it. The tears filled in my eyes as i saw my 8 dancers doing the best that they could, and seeking my face for approval as they exited the stage.

My new bumper sticker: IM a proud parent of 8 hard-working dancers!

p.s. I am not really a parent - i just like to call my students, my "kids"

p.s.2. Am i REALLY an adult???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Stephanie,you really are an adult! We all ask ourselves that when we are starting out; and sometimes even many years later! Believe me, I often can't believe I am at the stage of life I am.

24 January, 2006 16:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home